It never ceases to amaze me! New and veteran agents often try to make the wrong sale at the wrong time. It is critical that, as a Voluntary Benefits salesperson, you know exactly where you are in the sales process and are focusing on the right sale. Several years ago I broke down the Voluntary Benefits sales process into 5 distinct sales. Since that time I have taught literally thousands of VB sales people to stay focused on the sale they are currently on. When they maintain this focus, their results have been nothing short of astonishing!
Press Arrow To Play Podcast
The 5 sales we have to make:
- The Appointment
- The Employer Presentation
- Access and Control
- The Employee Presentation
In today’s podcast Moe and I:
- Break down the five sales we must make over and over again.
- Why sales and baseball have so much in common.
- How the third sale (Access and Control) will get you in as much trouble as using your middle finger on the freeway.
- The fact that I don’t know the life-time batting average for Edgar Martinez, the Seattle Mariners’ great designated hitter. (I said it was around .330 and it was actually .312 It would have definitely been much higher, but he batted “just” .302 his last couple of years when he was in his 40’s.)
If you allow this lesson to get “deep down in your soul” your chances for success will go up dramatically. As always, I’d love to hear your thoughts and answer any questions you might have. I promise to reply to EVERY comment/questions.