This is part two of the two part interview with Heath Oakes.
If you missed part one, please go here to listen: PART ONE
Press Arrow To Play Podcast
In today’s episode Heath and I talk about the following:
- Setting expectations.
- Opening groups.
- Why Heath does what he does.
- Why Heath believes that this is a great career for someone who is young.
- Your success is based upon your results.
- You don’t have to wait 10 years for someone to die or retire to get promoted.
- You can get where you want when you want.
- How to stay relevant with a middle-age business man when you are young.
Heath also gave great advice for younger people wanting to begin their career in the insurance industry.
- Wear a suit.
- Be more knowledgeable than your fellow reps.
- Work hard when all your friends are out partying.
- Study your product and sales techniques.
- Be honest. If you don’t know the answer, just say, “I don’t know and then go get them the answer.
- Younger age can be a help due to the unfortunate fact that many people view the younger generation as lazy. By hustling, you stand out!
- Zig Ziglar quote: “Discipline yourself to do the things you need to do when you need to do them, and the day will come when you will be able to do the things you want to do when you want to do them.”
- The importance of getting rid of the word realistic from your vocabulary.