I don’t know about you, but I have had a handful of epiphanies in my lifetime that dramatically impacted my thinking, my business success, and my life.
Early in 2010, someone introduced me to a TED talk given by Simon Sinek that absolutely changed the way I looked at my life. I have always had a strong vision of why I was doing what I was doing, but I didn’t understand the importance of sharing my why with the people I was leading, including my own family.
The TED talk is titled How Great Leaders Inspire Action. It is the 3rd most watched video in the history of TED.com with over 37 million views. Shortly after the video was released, Simon released his first book titled Start With Why which expanded on the concepts he had laid out in the video. It was a runaway best seller.
I contacted Simon’s organization and they were gracious enough to offer to bring David Mead, one of their top trainers, onto the Success Is Voluntary podcast. David has been with The Start With Why Movement since almost the beginning. In fact he was working with Simon before the TED talk. David travels extensively all over the world speaking and helping organizations instill a Start With Why culture.
The 13 WHYS David And I Talked About
- WHY working on higher calling will lead to higher profits
- WHY as a species we search for meaning, purpose and belonging
- WHY the Golden Circle is critical for people and organizations to understand
- WHY your perspective can change the way you look at obstacales
- WHY the message of starting with why has resonated so deeply with so many people
- WHY no one grows up hoping they will hate their job
- WHY we must use our gifts to make a positive difference in the lives of others
- WHY most people don’t have or can’t articulate their why.
- WHY people lose their why
- WHY customers can tell is someone or the organization isn’t connected to their why
- WHY companies don’t align their actions with their stated why
- WHY people don’t buy your product, they buy you
- WHY more companies are embracing a why based culture
Books David and I Talked About
Click on the pictures below to be taken to Amazon.com to learn more
David can be reached at email@example.com
Make sure you check out the Start With Why website by CLICKING HERE