I promise that today’s guest is going to make you think! Larry Winget bills himself as the Pitbull of Personal Development. But whatever you do, don’t call him a motivational speaker. According to Larry, he is the world’s only irritational speaker.
I almost guarantee you that over the next 40 minutes, Larry is going to say something that will offend you. And you know what? He doesn’t care. To prove this point, all you have to do is take a look at the titles of his books.
There is no way you will agree with everything Larry says today. If you did, he would feel like he failed. But if you keep an open mind, I promise you will learn some things that will help you in life and in your business. If nothing else, maybe we can learn how to disagree without being disrespectful.
Things Larry And I Talked About:
- You can’t make somebody who’s a bad guy do good things.
- Respect is missing!
- It’s a shame that no one in the middle can get elected.
- Minimum wage is for people providing minimum value.
- Wage inequity between a CEO and his frontline employees is absolutely fair.
- “I knew what the salary was when I took the job.” – Larry’s son who is a police officer.
- To take a job that you knew what the salary was when you took it, and then complain about how much you are paid, doesn’t show integrity.
- Most people should just keep their job.
- Most people have no business going into business for themselves. That’s why the business failure rate is so high.
- Stupid people decide to open businesses all the time.
- The world needs great employees.
- Welcome to The Butthurt States of America.
- Butthurt definition: To be overly offended.
- The world doesn’t want to change or it already would have.
- The wussification of America.
- Why he can’t stand motivational speakers.
- He is an Irritational Speaker – Makes you so irritated you’ll do anything to change.
- We don’t move toward pleasure. We move away from pain.
- Never whine about what you went through.
- Why “Never give up!” might be the dumbest advice ever.
- A lot of “thought leaders” have never had an original thought in their life.
- Your core values determine every action you take.
- Why most people haven’t defined their core values.
Books We Talked About
Seasons of Life – Jim Rhon
First You Have to Row a Little Boat – Richard Bode
Beachcombing at Miramar – Richard Bode
Real Magic – Wayne Dyer
Where to Find Larry
The Real Man Podcast: https://realmanpodcast.com/
Sharing Is Caring!
Can you please forward this podcast to everyone you know? As you saw, it is not sales related. You will make people think! Who knows, you might even help them get 1% better this week!!!