I was first introduced to Randy Gage through his book, Why You Are Dumb, Sick and Broke… And How to Get Smart, Healthy and Rich! I ran across it in an airport bookstore early in 2008 and bought it immediately. Ehhhh… For a friend.. yes a friend… That it! Just for a friend… The truth is, whereas I didn’t consider myself to be any of those things, I certainly needed help in all three areas.
Randy’s story is incredibly uplifting. He went from being a teenage drug addict and alcoholic with an armed robbery conviction to the pinnacle of success. Randy is the author of eleven books translated into 25 languages, including the New York Times bestsellers, Risky Is the New Safe and Mad Genius. He has spoken to more than 2 million people across more than 50 countries and is a member of the Speakers Hall of Fame. Holy cow! He travels internationally to speak and train on why mindset is the more important than skill or experience to have unlimited success.
Randy and I talked about his study surrounding prosperity and why we have “mind viruses” and how the subconscious will self-sabotage our success. This is a topic I have studied also because I have watched many salespeople over the years struggle with having success. In fact, I believe we lose as many salespeople to early success as we do to early failure. Maybe you don’t think you have challenges in this area, but I would challenge you to listen to Randy today and then set aside some time for self-reflection.
But instead of listening to my observations, let’s talk to Randy. But before we do that, pause this podcast, open your mind and go get something to take notes with, even if it’s a blue crayon on a brown paper bag. Your health and financial future may just depend on it.
Things Randy And I Talked About
- He considers himself to be a philosopher.
- If the great philosophers of old were alive today, they would have a podcast and Youtube channel.
- Adversity leads to break through.
- Mindset and self-discipline are much more important than tactics.
- He believes teaching prosperity is the reason he was put on this planet.
- We all have core foundational beliefs in our subconscious mind.
- We are programmed with mind viruses. The most prevalent are:
- Money is bad.
- Rich people are evil.
- It’s spiritual or noble to be poor.
- To become wealthy you have to become a bad parent.
- To become wealthy you must sell your soul.
- To be a successful company you have to rape, pillage and plunder the environment.
- To be a successful company you have to exploit the little people.
- Many of these mind viruses are perpetuated by organized religion, the government and what Randy calls the “Datasphere.”
- The important things we have core foundational beliefs are:
- We develop our core beliefs before we are 10.
- We self-sabotage ourselves when our goals are in conflict with our internal programming.
- Do your beliefs empower and serve you or do they limit you? Here is how Randy suggests you find out and what to do about it:
- Stop and take a walk along a river and ask yourself what are my core foundational beliefs around God, religion, money, sex, health, relationships, and marriage?
- Blow up those beliefs that no longer serve you and they will lose their power over you. Treat them like a jacket that you can take off the old one, drop it on the floor and then put on one that fits better.
- Nurture your mind, body, and soul with positive programming.
- Voice apps and AI such as Amazon’s Alexa are already changing EVERYTHING and it’s only going to accelerate.
- You must bring incredible, unique value to compete against AI.
- In the next 24 months, whole industries will be forever eviscerated by technology.
- Why you can send him a message through WhatsApp… Just don’t call him!
- Social media is the new town square.
- Social media blew up branding forever. Just ask United Airlines
- United Breaks Guitars: https://youtu.be/5YGc4zOqozo
- Doctor Was On Phone Before Being Dragged Off Plane: https://youtu.be/Dk2Y_VL5e7s
Books Randy And I Talked About
Mad Genius… A Manifesto for Entrepreneurs – Randy Gage
Risky Is The New Safe… The Rules Have Changed – Randy Gage
Atlas Shrugged – Ann Rand
Principles… Life and Work – Ray Dalio
The Science of Mind…The Complete Edition – Ernest Holmes
Prosperity — Charles Fillmore
As Always, Just Click On The Covers Below For More Information
Connect With Randy
Podcast: Power Prosperity Podcast
Youtube Channel: Prosperity TV
Are you going to go take that walk along the river as Randy suggested? I live in Arizona, so I didn’t walk along a river, but I did take some time to be out in nature while I explored what my core beliefs were surrounding God, religion, money, sex, relationships, and marriage. I was surprised to realize I did have several beliefs that really didn’t serve me. Changing these beliefs won’t happen overnight, but as Randy and I talked about, it isn’t enough to clean out those viruses, we must fill our mind and soul with things that will build us up and replace our beliefs that no longer serve us with ones that will empower and serve us better.
I’ve been on a journey of self-improvement for most of my adult life. While talking to Randy, I realized that no matter how many books I read, conferences I attend, courses I take or podcasts I listen to, unless I clean out any “head junk” I still have, the things I’m learning won’t really sink in as much as they could and should. I’m committed to making that change NOW and going forward.
How about you? What viruses do you carry around in your head? Are you bold enough to confront them? Are you brave enough to tell us? Leave a message below or send me an email to Tim@SuccessIsVoluntary.com
I have another fantastic guest joining us. You may not have heard of Dov Gordon, but I promise you when you are done listening to him next week, the way you approach your business will change. Our conversation was incredibly enlightening to me and I can’t wait to bring it to you!