I don’t know about you, but if I’m being completely honest and transparent, I haven’t done a very good job saving for retirement during my career. About 7-8 years ago I got serious and started to find ways to invest in my future. After talking to this week’s podcast guest, Daniel Blue, I realized that there was/is a different approach that might
My guess is that you probably haven’t heard about the strategies Daniel talked about during his interview. I know I hadn’t. Please hear me clearly, I am not even close to being a financial advisor. Having said that, I think you might want to explore some of the things Daniel suggests.
You might also want to take notes. If you don’t take notes, and you end up broke at retirement… That’s on you!
Things Daniel And I Talked About
- He is the embodiment of the American dream.
- He is a college dropout and has been in sales his whole life.
- Why the public school system should teach about money.
- His opioid addiction and how he has overcome it through recovery.
- His company Quest Education is the 296th fastest growing company on the Inc. 5000.
- Eat your own cooking.
- The importance of measuring EVERYTHING in sales.
- Numbers don’t lie.
Daniel’s Billboard: Your money, your choice, your quest.
- Create and stick to a budget.
- Make sure you and your significant other are on the same page when it comes to money. (What are your needs vs. wants?)
- If you are having money challenges, you need to make more money… (Duh!)
- It’s not smart to have money in low-interest investments when you have high-interest credit card debt.
- The financial world wants to make sure you leave your money in longterm investments because they get paid for “money under management.”
- How a solo/self-directed 401(k) works and why it might be the right vehicle for 1099 employees or small business owners.
- Inside a solo/self-directed 401(k) you can own things other than stocks, such as property.
The Books We Talked About
As always: Click on the cover below to learn more or purchase through Amazon.
How to Win Friends and Influence People – Dale Carnegie
The 4-Hour Work Week – Tim Ferriss
Can’t Hurt Me – David Goggins
Where To Connect With Daniel
His website: https://www.yourquest.com/
Jonny Burgess returns! Jonny’s first episode probably generated the most feedback of any episode. Since then his business has exploded and I can’t wait to show you why.
Until then, I wish you great SUCCESS! I’ve heard it’s VOLUNTARY…