This is a repeat of the podcast I originally published on April 5th of 2014. I ran it again today to hammer home the message of Monday’s blog article, It’s Supposed To Suck.
If you haven’t guessed, the theme for SIV this January is new beginnings. I would be remiss if I didn’t let you know exactly how hard it is to attempt something new. It would also be unconscionable to not remind you that the hard work is worth it. Brian reminded us how important it is to keep our focus on what we want. LISTEN HERE
Please do every salesperson you know a favor and forward them this podcast. I promise they will thank you for it!
Press Arrow To Play Podcast
I have had the great privilege of seeing Brian speak four times, including the two times I have paid him to come speak to my team. His message Astound Yourself Today resounds with audiences deeply. In this episode Brian and I talk about many things including:
- What he learned from being in commission sales, that made him a better person.
- The 80/20 rule.
- How most sales people don’t actually read the books their managers give them.
- Why people love stories.
- How he came up with the idea for his book The Tinderbox Tapes.
- Why dreaming is important however:
- It’s not what you think it is.
- It’s fleeting.
- It’s more about who you become along the way.
- During the process of writing his books, how his kids have seen the value of not waiting to get picked.
- Not waiting for someone to come along.
- You don’t write books to get wealthy.
- People feebly try, because no one has given them a strong chance.
- To grow the organization, must grow the people.
- Why building your business is supposed to suck!
- Thomas Edison’s quote, “If we did all the things we are capable of, we would literally astound ourselves.”
- Why dreaming of a new world and then creating it is important for you.
- What you are capable of doing.
- Can you make five extra call a day?
- The night before you go out, map out exactly where you are going.
- His new venture Piedmont and how it can really help a Voluntary Benefits sales person in those circumstances where the employer won’t or can’t perform a bank draft.
And much, much more.
I hope you enjoy listening to this podcast half as much as I did recording it. Could you let me know?
You can find Brain at:
- Twitter: @briansaid
- Linked In: www.linkedin.com/pub/brian-hicks/a/865/4b9
Lastly, If you are a parent, you need to read his book The Tinderbox Tapes. I promise it will rock your world.
Could you do me a favor? If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out! Thanks.
What did you think? Share your thoughts below in the comments section… I answer every single one and you might help your peers get 1% better this week.