Today’s guest may very well be the biggest name in sales training today. I also believe he is one of the best.
Jeb Blount has written 9 best-selling books on sales. His book, Fanatical Prospecting which he published in 2015, struck a chord and has continued to resonate with thousands of salespeople everywhere.
Jeb just released his new book, Objections, The Ultimate Guide For Mastering The Art And Science Of Getting Past No, on May 17th of this year and it immediately shot up the charts to a #1 bestseller.
Anthony Iannarino, a best-selling author in his own right and former Success Is Voluntary podcast guest, declared: “Objections is the indispensable guide to the meaningful client conversations that only Jeb Blount could deliver. You will never again fear rejection and you will never again struggle to get past ‘No.’ Jeb is at the very top of his game in Objections, and after reading it, you will be too.”
Jeb travels the US and internationally as he speaks 250 days a year to sales organizations of all types.
Oh yeah, he also runs SalesGravy.com, the premier job site in the sales industry.
You will definitely want to get out your pen and a pad to take notes. Jeb absolutely crushed it in today’s podcast. If you don’t learn anything… That’s on you.
Things Jeb and I Talked About
- His dedication to sales as a profession and being a true pro.
- In 25 years he has made every sales mistake.
- Has had great success and great failure.
- His decision to leave corporate America and start his own company.
- How tough it was.
- The work it took.
- Had to GRIND every day.
- How he worked so hard he hurt physically.
- How he got up at 2:00am to work on his business.
- How his wife said that she believed in him, and knew he was doing the right thing, but would like to see some evidence. (The lovely Dizzy D says the same thing to me…)
- It was intimidating and a blow to his ego to start over.
- He was willing to take a step back to move forward.
- The need to burn the ships. It leaves only one choice… to succeed!
- It took him nearly six years to get his company on a very sturdy foundation.
- There is no secret to success. Just hard work! GRIND.
Continue Reading »