The A,B,C,D,Es of Selling
I first met Wes Schaeffer at a convention in Phoenix back in 2014. He was just starting to get some real traction in his business and he has exploded from there. His “The Sales Podcast” is one of my must listen to podcasts and he has taught me a ton!
You are going to enjoy our time with Wes and I hope you come away a better salesperson.
Do you know the only way to ensure you learn something from this podcast? Take some notes!
You don’t have to be all fancy about it and write them in your leather bound journal. Just grab a brown paper bag and some blue crayons and let’s go to work.
Things Wes And I Talked About
- While selling mobile homes he learned:
- To follow a system
- To have a process
- To be a product of the product
- Why he became a student of sales and continues to invest in himself.
- Do you want to be a pro or an amateur?
- As “The Sales Whisperer” Wes:
- Trains sales trainers
- Rehabilitates salespeople
- Always Be Closing doesn’t fly today. (If you haven’t ever watched the famous scene from Glenngary Glen Ross you can watch it here. Carefully CLICK HERE WARNING!!! It is not safe for work.)
- His sales cycle is:
“Don’t stick with it until you get it right. Stick with it until you can’t get it wrong!” – Wes Schaeffer
- Why you need 7 different voice mail scripts
- You’re not that good
- Talent is not transferable
- Only systems allow you to grow and scale
- Henry Ford is known because of his system
- Jimmy Kimel and Oprah make enormous amounts of money by:
- Asking good questions
- That they have researched
- So that they can have an engaging conversation
- Sound familiar?
- The biggest mistake salespeople make is not knowing their #1 job.
- It isn’t selling
- The #1 job is prospecting. It is the only thing you can control
- The easiest person to sell is someone who has already bought from you.
- It’s easy to be a Navy Seal. The trick? Don’t quit.
“I want to be remembered as someone who took his shot.” – Wes Schaeffer
The Books Wes And I Talked About
As always: Click on the cover below to learn more or purchase through Amazon
The Wizard of Ads – Roy H. Williams
Winning Through Intimidation – Robert Ringer
Where To Connect With Wes
Wes’ Website/Podcast: www.thesaleswhisperer.com/podcast
Eric Silverman returns to the Success Is Voluntary Podcast and he pulls NO punches. In fact, I’m guessing he is going to make all of us a little mad and that’s o.k. We can’t grow
Until then, I wish you great SUCCESS! I’ve heard it’s VOLUNTARY…