All we have to do is change everything.
I’ve known today’s guest Eric Silverman for a long time. When we had him on last time he sparked some controversy with some of his opinions and thoughts around where he thinks the Voluntary Benefits industry, or as he calls it enhanced benefits, is headed.
Well if you though his last appearance was controversial, you ain’t seen nothing yet!
I’ll be honest with you, I don’t agree with him on several things we talked about but I do admire, respect and am willing to be challenged by his positions and beliefs. How open are you to hearing things that might challenge your status quo? I never want to close off my thinking by digging into my position without understanding the other side of the argument.
As you listen to today’s podcast, my guess is that there will be somethings Eric talks about that might not sit quite right with you or even make you mad… And that’s great!
Eric would love to start a conversation with you and listen to your point of view.
Now SERIOUSLY get out blue crayons and brown paper bag to take some notes. I look forward to hearing your thoughts and facilitating a lively discussion around this interview.
Things Eric And I Talked About
- Eric fully admits he is a recovering carrier rep
- Insurance is a small industry.
- We are in the people business.
- You must know what is going on in the industry.
- Bypassing the broker has killed the reputation of Voluntary Benefits.
- Every employee must become a true consumer.
“How can you claim that you are breaking through the status quo if you are treating Voluntary Benefits the same way you always have?” – Eric Silverman
- There here are only 4 types of medical brokers as it pertains to Voluntary Benefits.
- Those who ignore VB.
- Those who send it to the same carrier rep they always use.
- Those who bring it in house by hiring a VB practice manager.
- Those who outsource through a carrier agnostic boutique VB firm (like Eric’s.)
- Eric thinks of himself as a supply chain manager for brokers.
The Books Eric And I Talked About
As always: Click on the cover below to learn more or purchase through Amazon.
Breaking Through The Status Quo – Eric Silverman
Cold Calling Techniques That Really Work – Stephan Schiffman
The CAP Equation – Joe Buzzello
Don’t Keep Me A Secret – Bill Cates
Where To Connect With Eric
You would be hard pressed not to find him on social media but here are the links:
His website: http://voluntarydisruption.com/
Join me again next week when I bring on Brad Lea. Brad is a guy I have been following on social m
Until then, I wish you great SUCCESS! I’ve heard it’s VOLUNTARY…