It’s a matter of perspective…
John O’Leary might be my favorite guest to ever appear on the Success Is Voluntary Podcast. No offense to the previous 66 guests.
I have been to somewhere between 50 and 75 large, national sales/leadership conferences in my career. Invariably the organizers bring in a keynote speaker to inspire the audience. Some of them crush it and others have been ok, but for some reason miss the mark for me personally.
In January of 2017, I heard today’s guest John O’Leary speak. I have never heard a speaker that I have taken away as much hope and excitement for life as I did that day. During his
When John O’Leary was 9 years old, he suffered burns over 100% of his body and was expected to die. He is now an inspirational speaker and author, teaching more than 50,000 people around the world each year how to live inspired
I love you and there’s nothing you can do about it!John O’Leary
Not only has his book On Fire: The 7 Choices to Ignite a Radically Inspired Life become a national best seller, his podcast Live Inspired is in the top 20 podcasts on iTunes.
His message of hope and the ability for everyone, including you and me, to be overcomers was something I desperately needed at the time. I hope this podcast blesses you and impacts you in ways you are still remembering years from now.
I’d encourage you to listen to the entire podcast as John and I are doing something really cool for the first 5 people that email me.
If this podcast doesn’t inspire you, I give up. I say it every week, SERIOUSLY get out your pen and note pad. OK, enough build up! Please let me introduce you to my new friend John O’Leary.
Things John And I Talked About
- John’s message is not about John. It’s about the people who showed up in his life.
- Everyone has a story. Just not the one we tell the world.
- John didn’t tell his story for 28 years.
- We must embrace the past and learn from it.
- At age 9, he was burned on 100% of his body and 83% were 3rd-degree burns.
- Your whole world can literally change in the blink of an eye.
- Read Jack Buck and the Kid.
- The importance of “ordinary” people in your life.
- Nurse Roy “Boy! Listen to me. You are going to walk again so you might as well get used to it.”
You are part of something important. Act like it!
- You oftentimes have no idea of the impact you are making in someone’s life
- How you ask the following questions makes all the difference in your life.
- Why me?
- Who cares?
- What more can I do?
- If your business plan works, will you have the life you actually want?
- Make sure your ladder is against the right wall.
- If your eyes are open for greatness, it’s EVERYWHERE!
- There is a 1 in 400-trillion chance that you even exist.
I choose to thrive
- History has always pointed upward and to the right.
- Seek justice, love mercy, walk humbly with God.
- The best of your life points back to the worst of my life.
- The best things are still ahead.
- Ask the 3 questions above, every day as part of your morning ritual.
John’s Billboard: STOP!
Books John And I Talked About
As always: Click on the covers below to learn more or purchase through Amazon
- On Fire: The 7 Choices to Ignite a Radically Inspired Life – John O’Leary
- Return of the Prodigal Son – Henri J. M. Nouwen
- The Alchemist – Paulo Coelho
- Overwhelming Odds – Susan and Denny O’Leary
Where To Connect With John
John’s Website/Podcast: http://johnolearyinspires.com/
Amazon Author’s Page: CLICK HERE
LinkedIn: CLICK HERE
Join me next week when we have podcast sensation, and business thought leader, John Lee Dumas on the SIV podcast.
Until then, I wish you great SUCCESS! I’ve heard it’s VOLUNTARY…