“Before you shift your mindset, you have to clear the mindsh*t.”
Today’s guest, Andy Neary, was introduced to me by our mutual friend and frequent podcast guest Eric Silverman. I’ve got to tell you, I loved doing this interview. On the Success Is Voluntary podcast we often talk about mindset or we do a deep dive on technical skills/strategies. I’m not sure we have ever done both in the same episode (at least to the level we did here.)
The only way you won’t get something out of today’s podcast is if you don’t listen. The best way to get the most value out of your time listening is to take some notes. Here’s what I would encourage you to do: hit pause, get a pen and something to write on and let’s get to work.
Things Andy And I Talked About
- How his mindset hindered his professional baseball career.
- The Affordable Care Act almost drove him out of the business.
- We need younger people to join the industry. (Listen to Why Insurance Is Sexy a podcast we published in 2014.)
- You can let failure be your judge or let it be your teacher.
- We don’t have an insurance problem. We have a risk management problem. The 3 areas of risk an employer must solve are:
- Financial Risk
- Catastrophic Risk
- Healthcare Purchasing
Andy’s Billboard: Just. Be. You.
- 5 Foundational Principals To Create Proper Mindset
- Tribe – Who are you surrounding yourself with?
- Productivity – What are you doing to give value?
- Health – Health = Wealth
- Investment – What are doing to get better?
- Curiosity – Are you asking the right questions?
- Andy’s two mottos:
- Every person and business is one mindset shift away from greatness.
- Before you can shift your mindset, you have to clear the mindsh*t.
The Books Andy And I Talked About
As always: Click on the cover below to learn more or purchase through Amazon
Breaking Through The Status Quo – Andy Neary
The Alchemist – Paulo Coleho
Secrets of the Millionaire Mind – T. Harv Eker
Moving from Models to Mindsets – John Reid
Where To Connect With Andy
His website: AndyNeary.com
Join me again next week when I bring on Author John Reid. I promise he is going to challenge your thought
Until then, I wish you great SUCCESS! I’ve heard it’s VOLUNTARY…