Patrick Galvin – The Connector’s Way – SIV #059 Shownotes
"People need to tell their own story." - Patric Galvin
I love talking to smart, dynamic people. Especially people that I can learn from. Today’s guest is certainly that! When former podcast guest, Andrea Waltz recommended Patrick to me I had never heard of him. Once he and I talked, I felt like I had known him forever. He is the living embodiment of his message.
Patrick has built his business around teaching people how to build better relationships with both clients and prospects. He is so passionate about it that he literally wrote the book on how to have deeper connections! When I read The Connector’s Way, I was blown away! It is a parable about a struggling business owner who discovers simple yet effective ways to cultivate relationships in the real world and online and uses them to fuel his success.
If you don’t learn something today, that’s on you. If you don’t take notes, I’m going to assume you ran out of paper. Otherwise get out something to write on. I don’t care if it’s a blue crayon on a brown paper bag. I promise you’ll thank me later.
Things patrick And I Talked About
- The organizations that thrive are great at building relationships.
- People try to use social media and lose touch with what brought them to the dance.
- Many company’s strategy regarding advertising – Spray and pray.
- Adversity is the only way to be successful.
- People buy and refer business to people they know, like and trust.
- Networking is an ego driven and based upon numbers.
- Connecting is about developing deep relationships over time.
- Most people can count on one hand the number of relationships that helped them become successful.
- Serve other without consideration on how you are going to benefit.
- Recommend your close connections on LinkedIn.
- In the geography, invite two people that could benefit from meeting each other and take them to lunch.
- What is it I can do that my competitors aren’t doing so that people will talk favorably about me?
- Les Schwab – How they exceed expectations consistently.
- To stand out on the web avoid “marketing speak” and allow customers to endorse you. Pull out your iPhone and have them give you a video endorsement no longer than 2 minutes.
- “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” – Mya Angelou
- Deeper connection creates loyalty.
- Let people know how they can help you be succeesful.
- Ask people how you can help them be successful.
- What are your working on?
- How can I help?
The Books patrick and i Talked About
As always: Click on the links below to learn more or purchase through Amazon.
What has an individual or company done for you that created a deeper connection and/or greater loyalty? Shoot me an email ([email protected]) or leave a comment below..
Until then, I wish you great SUCCESS! I’ve heard it’s VOLUNTARY…